Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day TwentySeven

I had a small jar of those clear decorative glass 'pebbles' or whatever they are, flat on one side slightly rounded on the other.  I laid those out and thought I could get something neat.  Ok not quite.  Atleast not on a black background and harsh lighting.  Maybe if I had done it with a white background and natrual bright lighting it'd have been cooler.  But, my battery is now dead and by the time it's charged and ready to go, my daylight will be gone!

10 comments:

  1. This one is beautiful. The highlights behind and the dark shadow areas from the paper below work very well. I think that in white, the background may have become too light, although it might have kept some of the brightness in the marble. Overall though, I think this is a wonderful result. The marble looks so alone in a big never-ending world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One colourful marble rises out of the bleak landscape to stand triumphant on the edge of the world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw it as visiting his ancestoral burial grounds. Maybe I've been housebound too long with this flu. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! He glows with pride as he rises above his peers :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how the colours of the marble really come through on this shot. I think that the background works in the marbles favour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Portrait of a Marble". You have so many beautiful photos, soon you'll have enough for a solo exhibition. You certainly have a theme :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely complementary color in this one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This one made me gasp. It's just so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many associations, what remains is the prettyness.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can see in my head what you were going for... but sometimes the best laid plans... well, you know
    MadamMtnLion

    ReplyDelete