Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Day Nineteen

I'm a bit later than normal in posting my photo for the day.  Been working on other things and kept forgetting afterwards.

It's probably darker than it should be, but that was intentional.  It had been suggested that I 'lose my marbles' in sand (but I had no sand so sugar it was).  I tried but wasn't satisfied with the results.  I spiraled the sugar, then licked the marble (yes I licked it, that has been suggested too haha) and dipped a portion in sugar to get some on the marble itself.

I'm spent after a busy day full of Worth stuffs.

9 comments:

  1. Oh this is lovely! One of my favorites so far, I think! Those wonderful, warm, firey colours in the snow - just beautiful! I have to wonder how you got the snow to stick so nicely to the marble...?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's superb! I love the spiral and the darkness is very effective. I also thought it was snow, but now I read it, it's simply lovely. The sparkles in the sugar are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so excited to see that the marble was back in the snow, only to find out it's sugar. Brilliant! I'll have to try this sometime. It gets so hot in the summer, a little fake "snow" might help cool things down a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, another great shot. The sugar sure has a lot of sparkle and I don't find it too dark at all, I find that the contrast really makes the brightness of the highlights really sparkle and shine. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful. I like how the sugar sparkles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the swirls in the snow, they match the marble theme so well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, cracker of a shot, the spirals and sparkles add to make a solar galaxy sort of effect. Might be my new fave.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This one is so rich...the colors, and texture are top notch!
    MadamMtnLion

    ReplyDelete